Configuring a Snap OS server to sync time with an SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol) server.
An undocumented feature added in Snap OS version 4.0.854 is the ability to synchronize time with an SNTP server. SNTP requires the administrator to go into the debug console; therefore it is not a key feature of the Snap OS.
This information applies to the following Product(s):
- Snap Server 1000
- Snap Server 1100
- Snap Server 2000
- Snap Server 2200
- Snap Server 4000
- Snap Server 4100
- Snap Server 12000
This information applies to the following Operating System(s):
- This information is not Operating System specific ---Solution--- Here are steps to specify an SNTP server in a Snap OS server running 4.0.854/4.0.855.
1. Point the browser to the /config/debug page
2. A command box will be displayed
3. The syntax available for configuring SNTP is as follows:
config sntp ip ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd sets time server IP Address, enable SNTP
disable disable SNTP
info displays SNTP information
freq update time interval in seconds
4. A sample of the command is CONFIG SNTP IP 220.127.116.11
5. If successful, the message returned should look like the following
SNTP support Enabled
SNTP Server IP Addr: 18.104.22.168
Server time successfully updated
Command executed without error.