Windows user is able to move files or folders despite not having permissions to delete the file being moved.
This information applies to the following Product(s):
- Snap Server 4200
- Snap Server 4400
- Snap Server 4500
- Snap Server 14000
- Snap Server 15000
- Snap Server 18000
This information applies to the following Operating System(s):
- This information is not Operating System specific ---Solution--- Under the following conditions, a user is able to move a file or folder despite not having the permissions to do so.
1) Server is running Guardian OS 3.2.019 SP1 (Previous versions are likely to be impacted as well).
2) The share has full access set for the user or user?s group connecting to the share.
3) The file or folder to be moved is set with at least read access for the user or group.
4) The user is moving the file or folder from a Windows client.
5) The user is moving the file or folder to a folder he/she owns.
Although the user or group is not set with permission to delete the file, the user is able move the file to a folder he/she owns.
The issue described above has been confirmed in the version indicated. The problem has been corrected in the 4.0 release of the Guardian OS.