How to save log files off a Guardian OS server?
This information applies to the following Product(s):
- SnapServer 4200
- SnapServer 4400
- SnapServer 4500
- SnapServer 14000
- SnapServer 15000
- SnapServer 18000
This information applies to the following Operating System(s):
- This information is not Operating System specific
Technical support may request logs files to help diagnose a technical problem with a SnapServer. To simplify the log collection process, specific commands can be run to download log files in a few steps. Steps to save log files.
- 1. Point the browser to the /admin/debug.cgi page
- 2. In the command box, enter a command (see list of commands and description below) and click the OK button
- 3. A link to download the logs will be created
- 4. Click on the link to download the log file Commands to run to generate log files. syswrapper - This command will collect system configuration files including the event log. The file created by the command is sysfiles.tgz. s2slogs - This command will collect log files for the Server to Server Synchronization version 2 software. The file created by the command is s2slogs.tgz nvlogs - This command will collect log files for the Netvault backup application. The file created by the command is nvlogs.tgz edrlogs ? This command will collect log files for the Enterprise Data Replicator application. The file created by the command is edrlogs.tgz