Can the SnapServer be backed up using a DLT drive connected to another server?
This information is not Operating System specific
The SnapServer can be backed up from another server running software that supports both the SnapServer and DLT tape drive.
Some of the backup solutions that are known to work with the SnapServers include:
--DataKeeper by PowerQuest (Windows clients)
- Backup Exec by Veritas (NT, Windows 95 and NetWare versions)
- Backup ARCserveIT by Computer Associates (NT and NetWare versions)
- Retrospect by Dantz (Macintosh)
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/NT/2000/Me
- SureSync by Software Pursuits (NT/Windows environments)
- Uptime! by Xpoint Technologies (NT/Windows environments)
- TAR and CPIO (UNIX/Linux environments)
Some of these backup solutions are operational system specific and may not function in all operating system environments.
A list of supported backup agents can be found in the Guardian OS Administrators Guide for the version of Guardian OS you have running on your SnapServer.