Cannot connect to iSCSI targets when the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator and a hardware iSCSI HBA are installed at the same time on a server.
Perform the following steps to remove the MS iSCSI Initiator:
1. Log off all iSCSI targets.
2. Uninstall the MS iSCSI Initiator Software.
3. Uninstall any software for the hardware iSCSI HBA (like SanSurfer.)
4. Shut down the server and remove the iSCSI HBA.
5. With the card removed bring the server back up.
6. Go to C:/windows and delete the iSCSI folder
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Overland Storage, Inc. cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
7. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Delete the following registry subkeys:
8. Shut down the server again and install the iSCSI HBA.
9. Bring the server back up and install the driver and iSCSI software that came with the card only.