When attempting to connect to a share hosted on a SnapServer over SMB you receive the following error:
The device or resource (PC name) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)"
There are multiplicities of reasons why this issue can occur.
Ensure SMB1 is enabled.
Refer to Microsoft's KB article to determine if SMB1 is turned on or off:
Ensure Netbios over TCP/IP is enabled.
To enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Network. (Or you cantype ncpa.cpl into the search box, and press ENTER).
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage Network Connections.
- Right click on the Local Area Connection or the connection you are using, and then select Properties.
- Select the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
- Click the WINS tab.
- Click the Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP button.
- Click Ok.
If these solutions do not resolve the issue please contact technical support for assistance.